Translate

Saturday 4 January 2014

Why REVIEWS are SO important.

PRACTICALLY EVERYBODY NEEDS & USES REVIEWS.

Think about it- Each & Every time you consider consuming/patronizing something, anything where is the First Place You Look?

THE REVIEWS! 

& They are EVERYWHERE: There are Review Apps, Links, Websites, Star Ratings, Friends, Yellow Pages (tho nearly obsolete), Comments, Preferences, Likes, Tweets ect., ect. 
EVERYTHING has the potential to be reviewed because almost EVERYBODY has an opinion about something, even fence-sitters are making a statement albeit one of neutrality or indecision!


HOWEVER,

A 'Review' can be a tricky thing. 

I leave a review whenever I have an Honest Opinion to  share. Honest according to Me naturally!
As an Author I'm particularly interested in them & in Need of them. & Yes, I NEED them. A book, by it's nature is a subjective experience for all it's readers & anyone who has ever considered buying a book usually checks out the Reviews first. I read most of them generally starting at the worst (1 star) & working my way thru to the best (5 star). 
I also check out some of the Reviewers Other Reviews to get a better insight into their opinions. 
The entire process is obviously flawed but it's all we have right now. I mean what do I know about certain products that I've only used once or not used at all?! 
& what does any of us really know about the Mindstate of the Reviewer? 

& YET, knowing what we know about the Review Process,

WE STILL NEED THEM ENOUGH TO SEEK THEM OUT! 

Bottom Line: Only Leave A Review if you have Used/Read/Experienced the 'thing' that has the option for you to do so & 
Be Honest because How else can any of us really make an informed choice?!

Napoleon Hill said it best:
"You must get involved to have an impact. No one is impressed with the won-lost record of the referee."

Thank you to Everyone who has gifted me their time & thoughts regarding my book;) 
Michelle xo



3 comments:

  1. You are a skilled writer Michelle. You have the ability to put a wide topic in a concise form. I absolutely agree with everything you've said about reviews: they are badly needed; they must be honest;

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing comment coming from someone (like you;) who has already, successfully published several books & gotten Great Reviews!
    Thanks Michal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visit Michal's blog address: www.http://expandbeyondyourself.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is being moderated;)